- Brown & wild rice combo (to make ~6 cups)
- fresh sausage (e.g., bratwurst)
- 1 lg. onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 8 oz box sliced mushrooms
- a fresh spice that matches the sausage (e.g., thyme)
- 2–3 tbsp. plus 1/4 c. parmesan
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cook the rice mix according to the package directions. Cut the sausage into rounds, and sautée. Reserve. In the same skillet, add butter, onions, garlic, mushrooms, and spice. Sautée. Mix with the sausage, rice, and 2–3 tbsp. parmesan, and pour into a buttered 13x9" casserole. Dot with more butter. Bake for 45 minutes. Sprinkle top with the remaining parmesan, and bake for another 15 minutes.