Cilantro Lime Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, seed removed, and diced
- 1 package won ton wrappers
- 1 egg + 1 tablespoon water, lightly beaten
In a medium bowl, whisk together cilantro lime dipping sauce ingredients. Set aside.
Heat vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat (should reach 350 degrees).
While oil heats up, whip the cream cheese with a hand mixer until fluffy and smooth. Add in the diced avocado and gently fold in with a spoon.
Lightly brush both sides of the wonton wrapper with the egg wash (1 egg + 1 tablespoon water). Put about a teaspoon of the avocado cream cheese filling in the center of each wonton. Fold the wonton wrappers in half, forming a triangle, and seal the edges. Fold the very ends of each point of the triangle over.
Fry wontons in the hot oil 4 at a time until golden brown. This will only take about a minute.or two. Using a slotted spoon, remove the golden brown wontons from the oil and put on paper towels to drain.
Divide the dipping sauce into individual bowls and serve with hot wontons.
The Stay at Home Chef