- 6 tablespoons whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 3.52-ounce bars Toblerone bittersweet chocolate or 7 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon kirsch (clear cherry brandy)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Assorted fresh fruit (such as whole strawberries, 1-inch-thick slices peeled banana, peeled pear wedges and orange segments)
Bring cream and honey to simmer in heavy medium saucepan. Add chocolate; whisk until melted. Remove from heat. Whisk in kirsch and extract. Pour fondue into bowl; place on platter. Surround with fruit. Serve with skewers.
Bon Appetit, December 1997